- WHAT'S NEW
- ABOUT US
- OUR PROGRAMS
- HOW YOU CAN HELP
- CONTACT US
- STAY UPDATED
5 Reasons Our Volunteers Are The Best
The 3rd week in April is National Volunteer Appreciation Week and we can't wait to celebrate the important volunteer work you do for our community.
We hope you'll join us for at least one of the fun events we're planning to thank you for your invaluable contributions to Miriam's Kitchen (full list of awesomeness here).
But in case you can't, we've compiled 5 of the reasons we think you're one of the greatest volunteers around:
1. No matter how long your days are...filled with work, school, families and friends, you always make our guests a priority.
2. You lug hotel toiletries from every corner of the world so our guests can feel happy and clean. (You also generously buy items off of our wish list.)
3. You share your family recipes with us so our guests have new and exciting meals to look forward to.
4. You're always willing to do more--whether it's hosting ground coffee drives, attending 100 Bowls of Compassion, staying late to wash dishes, building relationships with our guests, organizing our clothing closet, or picking up produce from local farmers markets for our guests**--your compassion and generosity never cease to amaze us.
5. You look great in a hairnet. (Which, clearly, is the most important of the top 5 reasons we love you.)
We truly couldn't do our work without you. Thanks for always being there for our staff, other volunteers, and most importantly--our guests.
You make a tremendous impact on our lives each and every day.
**Speaking of farmers markets, we have a volunteer opportunity available! We're gleaning from the Columbia Heights Farmers Market every week now, and need to add some volunteers to our rotation.
1) ability to help one Saturday per month
2) have access to a car
3) can give 1.5 hours to the effort from roughly 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm.
Please email Chef Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested!