MK’s Famous Black Bean Burgers
Black beans 2 cans (drained, rinsed or 1 lb. dry beans, soaked and cooked)
Onions (small dice) 1 c.
Peppers (small dice) 1 c.
Garlic (minced) 2 cloves
Ground Cumin 2 ½ T.
Ground Coriander 1 ½ T.
Panko bread crumbs 1 c.
All-purpose flour 2 T. + some for dusting
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
- Saute garlic cloves in olive oil until slightly brown and soft, remove garlic from oil
- Using the garlic oil, sauté the onions and peppers. Add soft garlic cloves back into cooked onions and peppers and mash cloves with a fork.
- Remove from heat and combine ½ of black beans, onions, peppers, garlic, cumin, and coriander in food processor. In mixing bowl combine pureed mixture with remaining beans, panko, flour, salt & pepper. Form into patties and dust with AP flour.
- In pan on stove top, heat 2 T. olive oil, do not burn oil but allow pan to get hot. Sear patties on each side and place on sheet tray and finish in oven until warmed through.
Serve with traditional “burger fixin’s” or MK’s watermelon-cilantro-pickled red onion salad!