Thank you for providing meals and more!
Thank you! Together you contributed $108,138 through our 2018 More Than A Meal campaign—helping us secure the $100,000 match! More importantly, your timely support provides a warm welcoming community and critical support to over 2,000 individuals experiencing homelessness in DC.
Serving freshly-made, delicious meals will always be a core part of our work. It’s our first opportunity to welcome guests experiencing homelessness in our dining room and serve them with dignity and respect.
We know, however, that ending veteran and long-term homelessness in DC requires MORE than meals.
As I reflect on 2018, I am grateful for the many ways YOU have helped guests improve their health, increase their income, and obtain a safe, permanent place to live.
Below are a few of our top moments from 2018:
- Honoring former guest and champion Sam Ross at our Mission Possible celebration in April. Sam shared his story on stage and wowed guests with his character and resilience.
- Working with George Washington University’s GroW Garden to get fresh vegetables to make delicious meals for our guests and housed residents.
- Garnering support from more than 1,500 amazing volunteers who helped us serve 74,827 made-from-scratch meals in 2018—nearly 13,000 more than the prior year.
- Receiving 450 SmarTrip cards after #MarchForOurLives, helping guests get to critical medical, job and housing appointments
- Providing 16,982 touchpoints to support 2,271 guests in our dining room.
- Securing $11.4 million in NEW funding through our leadership with The Way Home campaign that will help end homelessness for 559 individuals
- Helping 117 guests move off the streets and into their first home in years.
- Having former guest and army veteran Bill Whitner volunteer on Veterans Day and share how important it is for him to serve and help others.
- Winning The Center for Nonprofit Advancement’s AIM Award, which recognizes excellence in nonprofit management
- And last not but least, getting a shout out on page 336 from Michelle Obama’s book “Becoming”
View the full 2018 performance report to see what else you helped accomplish
Thank you so much for your support. We look forward to sharing more stories and accomplishments with you in 2019.