We’re so glad that you’re interested in volunteering at Miriam’s Kitchen. Here’s some basic information to get you started. Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page.
General Guidelines for Volunteering
- All volunteers must be over 18 years old to be in the kitchen and in the dining room.
- Volunteers need to commit to volunteering at least once a month on an ongoing basis.
- We do not have weekend volunteer opportunities. You can volunteer on Miriam’s Kitchen’s behalf here: Capital Area Food Bank Grate Patrol – contact Glenn Marsh to help distribute meals on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- All new volunteers must attend an orientation session before being scheduled
Please sign up for an orientation session here.
- Questions? Read our FAQ’s.
- 3/4 length or longer pants (no shorts, skirts or yoga pants)
- Closed toe, comfortable shoes
- Clothing that is ok getting a little dirty.
- Short sleeved shirt (no sleeveless shirts)
For kitchen shifts, all long hair must be pulled back, and everyone must wear a hat or hair net.