Emergency Flex Fund
Will you donate to help Miriam’s Kitchen ramp up and sustain efforts in response to COVID-19?
The population vulnerable to COVID-19—older individuals with complicating health factors—include our guests experiencing homelessness.
Basic protocols (like washing your hands and staying home when you are sick) that are aimed to prevent the spread of COVID-19 highlight how our guests are even more at risk.
Below are a few examples of how your contribution helps a neighbor in need:
- $25 covers the cost of ingredients to provide 35 meals ($25 monthly donation DOUBLES to provide 70!)
- $50 helps purchase emergency supplies like masks, gloves, and more
- $100 helps provide bathrooms with sinks
- $250 helps connect guests to critical medical care
- $500 helps make the homeless services system more effective
JOIN THE MK CLUB - a community of monthly donors creating a more kind neighborhood that looks out for each other.
DO TWICE THE GOOD - Our partners at NESTLÉ USA will match your new or increased monthly donations through the end of 2020 (up to $25,000).
This is the chance for your monthly donations to have DOUBLE THE IMPACT. Take advantage of this match while it lasts.
As a monthly donor, you will:
- Receive special Monthly Mission Moment updates that you have made possible.
- Enable Miriam's Kitchen to respond to our guests' most urgent needs and plan for the future.
- Simplify your charitable giving and make a huge difference in the lives of our guests and in our community.
Frequently asked questions
- Is my donation secure?
- Absolutely. The security and confidentiality of your information is our highest priority. We use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology to protect your information and provide a safe and secure environment for online donations. We will not sell, trade or share your personal information with anyone else. We will not send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- Is my donation tax-deductible?
- Yes. Miriam's Kitchen is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record. We'll send it to you upon successful completion of your donation.
- Will I get a receipt?
- A donation receipt will be sent to you at the email address you provide on this form. Please be sure to keep a copy of your receipt for tax purposes. If you select a recurring donation, you will be sent an individual receipt each month when your donation is processed, and an itemized list of your donations after the end of the calendar year.
Please contact Kimberly Heller, firstname.lastname@example.org, for any questions.
Your privacy is important to us. As a donor, we will not sell, trade or share your personal information with anyone else. We will not send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
Donors are encouraged to read the Miriam’s Kitchen Charitable Solicitation Disclosure Statement.