Miriam’s Kitchen is open Monday – Friday, no matter the weather or holiday.
Case Management hours:
7:00 – 8:00 a.m.
4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Breakfast and light case management services: 7:00 am – 8:00 am
- Dinner and light case management services: 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Access to bathrooms and sinks: 6:30 am – 6:00 pm (closed periodically for cleaning)
Please call (202) 452-8926 x 234 for assistance.
Our case managers work one-on-one with guests each day in our dining room. We also partner with many organizations who bring their services to Miriam’s Kitchen.
In a warm and welcoming environment, we help our guests by:
- Assessing their immediate and long term needs
- Identifying strategies for accomplishing their goals
- Providing clothing and toiletries
- Providing access to a consistent phone and mailing address
- Connecting guests to mental health services
- Helping guests obtain housing
- Providing resume and job search assistance
- Helping guests apply for benefits and obtaining ID
This year we will provide case management services to about 5,000 of our guests.
Our Case Management staff includes:
Clinical Social Workers, an Art Therapist, Case Managers, and a Psychiatrist.
Interested in volunteering? Learn more here.